The Indian men’s shooting team of Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Swapnil Kusale and Akhil Sheoran scored 1769 to break the men's 50m rifle 3 position team world record of the United States . They won the gold medal at the 19th Asian Games being held in Hangzhou, China.
The 33 strong Indian shooting contingent has till now won 18 medals-6 gold,7 silver and 5 bronze medals.
The 19th Asian Games officially started on 23 September 2023 and will end on 8 October 2023.
Indian athletes won 8 medals - 2 gold, 4 silver and 2 bronze medals on day 6 of the Hangzhou Asian Games on 29th September 2023.
Medal Winners for India on day 6 of the Hangzhou Asian Games
Gold Medal winners
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Swapnil Kusale and Akhil Sheoran in the men's 50m rifle 3 position team event.
- Palak Gulia won gold in the women's 10m air pistol individual event.
Silver Medal winners
- Esha Singh won silver in the women's 10m air pistol individual event.
- Esha Singh, Palak and Divya Thadigol won silver in the 10m air pistol women’s team event.
- Aishwary Pratap won a silver in the men’s 50m rifle 3P individual event
- Saketh Myneni and Ramkumar Ramanathan, India's men's doubles tennis pair, won the silver medal at Hangzhou.They lost the final to the Chinese Taipei pair of Jason Jung and Hsu Yu-hsiou.
Bronze medal winners
- Indian women’s squash team consisting of Joshna Chinappa, Tanvi Khanna and Anahat Singh bagged bronze after losing to Hong Kong in the semifinals.
- Kiran Baliyan won a bronze medal in the women's shot put .It was the first medal in the athletics event for India at the Hangzhou Asian Games .It is India's first women's shot put Asian Games medal since Barbara Webster's bronze in the inaugural edition in 1951 New Delhi.
Medal Tally as on 29 September 2023
- China leads the medal tally with 200 medals-100 gold, 63 silver and 32 bronze medals.
- Japan is at the second spot with 99 medals -27 gold, 35 silver and 37 bronze medals
- South Korea is at the third spot with 102 medals -26 gold,28 silver and 48 bronze medals.
- India is at the fourth spot with 33 medals-8 gold,12 silver and 13 bronze medals.