Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot addressed the state level function at Sawai ManSingh stadium in Jaipur on the 77th Independence Day-2023.
Gehlot introduced numerous announcements in the interest of the state including Mukhyamantri Nishulk Annapurna Food Packet Yojana.
Big Announcements in the interest of the state
1. Ramgarh Dam in Jaipur will be filled with water from Isarda Dam under Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project (ERCP), with a cost of Rs 1250 crore. Drinking water schemes to be made for Andhi, Jamwaramgarh, Amer, Jalsu, Govindgarh, Shahpura, Viratnagar, Paota, Kotputli, Thanagazi and Bansur.
Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project (ERCP) envisages intra-basin transfer of water within the Chambal Basin by utilising surplus monsoon water available in Kalisindh, Parvati, Kunnu, Mej and Chakan sub-basins and diverting it into water deficit sub-basins of Banas, Gambhiri, Banganga and Parbati to provide drinking and industrial water to 13 districts of eastern Rajasthan.
2. Deprived dams will be linked in the DPR of ERCP important for 13 districts. 53 dams in Dausa, Sawai Madhopur, Karauli, Bharatpur and Alwar will be filled by linking them with ERCP. This increases the cost of ERCP by Rs 1665 crore and 11 lakh farmers will be benefitted.
3. Free ration kits will be provided in the Annapurna Ration Kit yojana to those non-NFSA families who got Covid ex-gratia along with the National Food Safety Scheme families.
4. Those who carry the injured to hospital in time are given Rs 5000 cash and certificate in the Chiranjeevi Jeevan Rakshak Yojana, now this amount has been increased to Rs 10,000.
5. In the first phase, 40 lakh girls and women are being given the smartphone in the Indira Gandhi Smartphone Scheme. Guarantee cards will be given on August 20 in which a guarantee will be given to provide smartphones to around 1 crore women in the next phase. Women can take smartphones for free by showing this guarantee card.
6. Special "Rajasthan Police Panchsati Medal" will be given to all police personnel from the level of constable to DGP to mark the completion of 75 years of formation of Rajasthan Police.
7. At present, the promotion of the posts from constable to inspector in the police department is done through holding examinations. Now by changing this, the promotion up to these posts will be done through timely DPC.
Mukhyamantri Nishulk Annapurna Food Packet Yojana
More than 1.04 crore families in the state will be distributed free Annapurna Food packets every month under this scheme.
Under the scheme, families covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) will get the Annapurna food packets every month from the fair price shops (FPS) for free.
Towards realising the resolution of ‘No One Sleeps Hungry’, this Annapurna Food Packet containing one kilogram each of chana dal, sugar and iodised salt, one litre soybean refined edible oil, 100 gm each of chili powder and coriander powder and 50gms from turmeric, which will be given free through PoS machine.
The FPS kiosk will be set up at the district and block level function where public representatives will distribute the packets to beneficiaries through point of sale (POS) machines.