In Madhya Pradesh, the MP cabinet has approved the distribution of Rs 6,000 to farmers under the Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana. Earlier farmers were given 4 thousand rupees annually. Along with this, 6 thousand rupees are given every year by the Central Government under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. By combining both the schemes, now 12 thousand rupees will be given in the account of the farmer every year.
Kisan Kalyan Yojana
- Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, farmers are paid 6 thousand rupees in 3 equal installments in a year.
- On the lines of this scheme, Chief Minister Kisan Kalyan Yojana has been started in Madhya Pradesh, under which the beneficiary farmers of PM Kisan Yojana were given 4-4 thousand rupees Samman Nidhi in two equal installments in a year by the state government. In this way every farmer was given a Samman Nidhi of Rs 10,000 in total. The Madhya Pradesh government has increased its share of the plan by two thousand.
- The primary objective of Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana is to make agriculture a profitable business. This scheme encourages farmers to adopt advanced technologies and promotes self-reliance among them.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a central sector scheme launched on 24th February 2019, aimed at providing financial assistance to all cultivable land holding farmer families across the country, subject to certain exclusion criteria. Under the Scheme, an amount of Rs. 6000/- is transferred annually in three equal installments of Rs.2000/- directly into the Aadhaar Seeded bank accounts of the farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- A farmer-centric digital infrastructure has ensured the benefits of the scheme reach all the farmers across the country without any involvement of the middlemen, maintaining absolute transparency in registering and verifying beneficiaries.
- Excluded category under PM Kisan
- All Institutional Land holders.
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils,former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.