The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has appointed PM Uday Mitra to provide ownership rights to the property to the residents of 1731 unauthorised colonies of Delhi under Pradhan Mantri Yday Yojana.
These PM Uday Mitra will go door-to-door and assist in the entire process from submission of application form to receipt of conveyance deed.
- About 40 lakh people live in these unauthorised colonies of Delhi. With this scheme, not only those colonies will be able to develop in a better way, but the residents living here will also be able to get a loan from the bank after getting the ownership of their property.
- It is worth mentioning in this context that this scheme is about to be completed in four years, while even 20 thousand people have not been able to get the ownership rights of the property.
- The applicants under this scheme believe that the process of getting the ownership rights is very complicated. Due to which most of the applications get rejected.
- But now the persons designated as PM Mitra will go door-to-door and make people aware as well as help them in getting the ownership rights.
Pradhan Mantri UDAY Yojana:
- Pradhan Mantri UDAY Yojana was launched on October 29, 2019 by Union Housing and Urban Development Minister Hardeep Puri.
- The full form of PM UDAY is 'Pradhan Mantri Unauthorised Colony Awas Adhikar Yojana'.
- Through this scheme, now people living in illegal colonies will also be able to get their ownership rights on their land and fulfil their dream of owning a house.
It is noteworthy in this context that the work which is being done under this scheme in urban areas especially in Delhi, the same work is being done in rural areas under Swamitva Yojana.
- The SVAMITVA (Survey of Village Population and Mapping of Village Areas with Improved Technology) scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has bagged the National Award for e-Governance 2023.
- SVAMITVA Scheme has been given the National Award for e-Governance 2023 primarily for the application of emerging technologies for providing citizen centric services.
- 'SVAMITVA' refers to 'survey of village population and mapping with improved technology in village areas'.
- SVAMITVA Yojana, a centrally sponsored scheme was launched at the national level on April 24, 2021, on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day.
- This scheme was implemented experimentally in the first phase from April 2020 to March 2021.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Survey of India is its technology implementing agency.
Full forms useful for exams:
- PM UDAY: Prime Minister Unauthorised Colony Housing Rights Yojana.
- SVAMITVA: Survey of Village Population and Mapping with Improved Technology in Village Area.