India is going to organize a three-day (4 to 6 December) Global Technology Summit (GTS) from 4 December 2023. In this conference, data privacy, export control and technology affecting politics will be discussed.
Eighth edition of GTS in New Delhi:
- This year in 2023, the eighth edition of the Global Technology Summit will be organized in New Delhi.
- The summit will address topics including new technology, digital infrastructure, and national security.
Theme of Global Technology Committee:
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said on December 1, 2023 that the theme of this Global Technology Summit will be ‘Geopolitics of Technology’.
Hosting the conference:
- The conference is being co-hosted by the Policy Planning and Research Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and Carnegie India.
Nearly a hundred speakers were invited to GTS:
- The Ministry of External Affairs stated that the Global Technology Summit (GTS) will feature approximately a hundred speakers and attract thousands of participants, including policymakers, industry experts, academics, technocrats, and innovators from India and around the globe.
- Participation in this committee includes ministers and senior officials from various countries such as the US, UK, Germany, Singapore, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Lithuania, Brazil, and the European Union.
GTS will be inaugurated by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar:
- The summit will be inaugurated with the address by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
- Last year, the Seventh Global Technology Summit was organized in India on 27 November 2022 in New Delhi. This committee was also inaugurated with the address of External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar.
Main topics of discussion during the conference:
- The participants in the GTS will discuss several important issues related to technology, its impact on geopolitics, policy matters related to critical and emerging technologies.
- Key topics on the agenda include digital public infrastructure, export controls, data protection and broader policy considerations related to innovation and national security.
GTS Young Ambassador:
- Apart from these key points, the summit will also see active participation of students and young professionals. Known as GTS Young Ambassadors, they will highlight a commitment to fostering the participation of the next generation in discussions about the future of technology and its global impacts.