The Global Maritime India Summit 2023 will be organised in New Delhi in October under the guidance and direction of the Ministry of Shipping and Waterways.
In order to invite and attract customers and various stakeholders to actively participate in the Global Maritime India Summit 2023 (GMIS - 23), Indian Port Rail and Ropeway Corporation Limited (IPRCL) organised a Virtual Roadshow on 22nd August 2023.
- The event had pan India presence, which included IPRCL's corporate as well as regional and site offices in various states of India.
- Minister of State for Ports, Port Transport and Waterways (MOPSW) Shantanu Thakur exhorted the stakeholders to join and participate in GMIS-23 gracing the occasion through virtual medium.
- GMIS-23 will provide an opportunity for industry leaders, innovators and business experts working in the maritime sector from around the world to connect, collaborate and deliberate with each other.
- The summit will also provide a unique opportunity to showcase talent and forge new partnerships to gain insight into national and global port related industrial, infrastructure and logistics opportunities.
- The event is inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi's inspiring vision of making the Indian maritime sector the world's leading blue economy.
- Senior officials from South-Eastern Coalfields Limited and JNPA represented their companies as guest speakers and highlighted the business opportunities available to the companies during GMIS-23.