A three-member delegation from the Royal Thailand Navy (RTN) visited the Indian Navy's (IN) Warship Design Bureau (WDB) at New Delhi in the first week of Sep 2023.
The main objective of the visit of the Royal Thai Navy delegation is to enhance cooperation in ship design and construction between the two navies which was decided bilaterally in the 12th IN-RTN Staff Talks.
- The delegation led by RTN Captain Jakareen, Defense Associate discussed various issues of ship design and construction with WDB Director General RADM IB Uthaiah.
- The delegation was given a presentation about the Warship Design Bureau and was informed about the gradual development in the field of naval shipbuilding domestically in India.
- The delegation was also shown the various shipbuilding facilities in the country, design tools, best practices adopted, model testing capabilities and indigenous equipment manufacturing arrangements.
- During this, the delegation also discussed various aspects of ship design and construction with subject matter experts at the Warship Design Bureau.
- The RTN delegation is also scheduled to visit Goa Shipyard Limited where they will be able to see the various construction technologies being adopted at the shipyard.
- Capital: Bangkok
- Currency: Thai Baht
- Prime Minister: Shretha Thavisin