REC Limited, a Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power, has been awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Award conferred by the Institute of Directors (IoD) for its exceptional performance in disaster management.
To implement effective risk assessment strategies:
- The Golden Peacock Award for Disaster Management highlights REC's continued commitment to implementing effective risk assessment strategies, thereby contributing to the organization's sustainable growth and resilience in a competitive business landscape.
- This enhancement in recognition and prestige also underlines REC's commitment towards excellence and innovation in its operations for the power sector.
The Golden Peacock Awards was established by:
- The Golden Peacock Awards, instituted by the Institute of Directors (IoD) in India in the year 1991, have emerged as an internationally acclaimed benchmark for corporate excellence.
The jury headed by MN Venkatachaliah selected REC Ltd.
- REC Limited was selected for the award by a jury panel headed by Justice MN Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice of India.
Awards ceremony held in London:
- REC Director (Projects) V.K. Singh and Daljit Singh Khatri, Executive Director (Finance) at REC, received the award on behalf of REC at a glittering ceremony held in London on 17 October 2023.
REC signs MoU with NICSI for ICT and digital transformation:
- REC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s National Informatics Center Services Inc. (NICSI), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India for various Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Digital Transformation services under National Informatics Centre (NIC).
- Established: 1969
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director (CMD): Vivek Kumar Devgan
- REC was formerly known as Rural Electrification Corporation Limited.
- REC Limited is an NBFC focused on financing and development of the power sector across India.
- It provides financial support to the entire power sector value chain. Also, it would work for different types of projects including generation, transmission, distribution and renewable energy.
- REC Limited has also recently started services in the financing infrastructure and logistics sector.
- REC funding lights every fourth bulb in India. REC is a 'Maharatna' company under the Ministry of Power.