Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated, dedicated to the nation and laid the foundation stone of projects worth about Rs 5800 crore in Mehsana, Gujarat on 30 October 2023. These projects include many sectors like railways, roads, drinking water and irrigation.
These projects are inaugurated and dedicated to the nation by the PM:
- The projects include following sectors:-
- Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (WDFC);
- New Bhandu-New Sanand (N) section;
- Doubling of Viramgam-Samakhiali railway line;
- Katosan Road- Becharaji - Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL Siding) Rail Project;
- Recharge project of various village lakes of Vijapur taluka and Mansa taluka of Mehsana and Gandhinagar district;
- Valsana Barrage on Sabarmati River in Mehsana district;
- Two schemes for provision of drinking water in Palanpur, Banaskantha; And
- Dharoi Dam based Palanpur Lifeline Project – Consists of Major Works (HW) and Water Treatment Plant of 80 MLD capacity.
Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of these projects:
- The main projects for which the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone are as follows:
- Various development projects in Kheralu included;
- Project to provide irrigation facilities in Santrampur taluka of Mahisagar district; Widening and strengthening of Naroda-Dehgam-Harsol-Dhansura Road, Sabarkantha;
- Kalol Municipal Sewerage and Septage Management Project in Gandhinagar District; And
- Projects include sewage treatment plants at Sidhpur (Patan), Palanpur (Banaskantha), Bayad (Aravalli) and Vadnagar (Mehsana).
Benefits of these projects:
- These projects will further improve connectivity and benefit the farmers of the area. The surrounding districts of Mehsana, Patan, Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Mahisagar, Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar will also benefit from these projects.
- The Prime Minister highlighted the Sujalam-Sufalam scheme in which water from Narmada and Mahi rivers is used for the development of Gujarat.
- The Prime Minister said that 6 barrages are being built on Sabarmati to ensure maximum benefits. One of these barrages has been inaugurated on 30 October 2023.
- The Prime Minister stressed that due to these irrigation projects, the irrigation coverage in North Gujarat has increased manifold in 20-22 years.
- He said that the new technology of micro irrigation provided by the government was immediately adopted by the farmers of North Gujarat and expressed satisfaction that 70 percent of the fields in Banaskantha were using the new technology.
- Farmers can now grow multiple crops like wheat, castor, groundnut and gram along with fennel, cumin and other spices.
- 90 percent of the country's Isabgol is processed in Gujarat:
- The Prime Minister said that 90 percent of the country's Isabgol is processed in Gujarat which gives it a unique identity.
- He also looked at growing agricultural produce and mentioned potato, carrot, mango, amla, pomegranate, guava and lemon.
- Prime Minister Modi mentioned setting up a huge plant for potato processing in Banaskantha.
- Prime Minister Modi also mentioned the Agro Food Park built in Mehsana and said that work is being done to build a similar Mega Food Park in Banaskantha.
- Prime Minister Modi said that the Central Government is running a big campaign for free vaccination of animals on which Rs 15,000 crore is being spent.
- Prime Minister Modi urged the cattle farmers of the area to get their animals vaccinated.
- He also mentioned about setting up several plants under Gobardhan Yojana where biogas and bio-CNG are being made from cow dung.
- Regarding the expansion of the automobile industry in North Gujarat, Prime Minister Modi mentioned the development of Mandal-Bechrajee Automobile Centre, which has led to employment opportunities and increase in income of the people.
- Apart from food processing, the pharmaceutical industry and engineering industry have also developed in Mehsana, the Prime Minister said. Ceramic related industries have developed in Banaskantha and Sabarkantha districts.
- Prime Minister Modi highlighted railway projects worth over Rs 5000 crore on 30 October 2023 and mentioned the dedicated freight corridor between Mehsana and Ahmedabad.
- These railway projects will further strengthen the connectivity of North Gujarat with major ports like Pipavav, Porbandar and Jamnagar. He said that this will also strengthen the logistics and warehousing sector in North Gujarat.
- Discussing green hydrogen and solar energy production in the country, the Prime Minister mentioned solar parks in Patan and then Banaskantha and said that Modhera claims to be a village that runs on solar energy 24 hours a day.
- The Prime Minister highlighted the tourism potential in Gujarat and mentioned the world famous Kutch Rann Festival. He also mentioned the Dhordo village of Kutch which was recently recognized as the best tourist village in the world.
Death anniversary of Guru Govind and birth anniversary of Sardar Ji:
- During this, while addressing a gathering present in Mehsana, the Prime Minister remarked that the two dates of 30th and 31st October are going to inspire everyone, because the first day is the death anniversary of Govind Guru Singh and the second date is the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.