Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 511 Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras in Maharashtra through video conferencing on 19 October 2023. These centers are being established in 34 rural districts of Maharashtra.
- These centers, which are going to be started in the villages of Maharashtra, will be helpful in preparing the youth for global opportunities.
Benefits from Pramod Mahajan Grameen Kaushalya Vikas Kendras:
- Poor, Dalit, backward and tribal families are benefiting the most from the skill schemes of the Government of India.
- These centers will teach skill-related things about the construction sector and farming through modern technology.
- The work of media and entertainment is huge in Maharashtra. Special training centers will also be set up for them.
Increase in demand for skilled workers in the world:
- Prime Minister Modi said that there are many countries in the world where the number of elderly people is more than the youth and it is very difficult to find trained youth to work.
- 16 countries of the world want to provide jobs to about 40 lakh skilled youth.
What will be the benefits of Rural Skill Development Centres?
- Through the program started by Prime Minister Modi, we are preparing skilled professional workers not only for our country (India) but for the world.
- According to Prime Minister Modi, the new skill development centers that are going to be opened in the villages of Maharashtra today will create opportunities for the whole world.
- Rural Skill Development Centers will organize skill development training programs in various fields to provide employment opportunities to rural youth.
- Each center will train about 100 youth in at least two vocational courses.
- This training is being provided by industry partners and agencies empaneled under the National Skill Development Council.
- The establishment of these centers will help the respective sectors to achieve significant progress towards developing more competent and skilled manpower.
Efforts made by the government for skill development among youth:
- Prime Minister Modi said that our government understood the importance of skill development among the youth and created a ministry for it.
- A separate budget was set for skill development and many schemes were started.