To institutionalise marriage in India, Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and Donor G. Kishan Reddy launched the 'Wedding Tourism Campaign' on 19 August 2023.
Based on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision of "Developing Tourism in Mission Mode", the Ministry of Tourism unveiled an ambitious campaign that aims to showcase India as a leading wedding destination on the global stage.
- The campaign seeks to explore the possibilities for taking tourism to new heights in India. The campaign will expand India's wedding industry by inspiring couples from around the world to embark on a remarkable journey to celebrate their special day in India.
- The campaign kicked off with the profiling of around 25 prime destinations across the country to find out how India fits their wedding aspirations in more ways than one.
- From breathtaking landscapes to sacred traditions, delectable cuisine to state-of-the-art infrastructure, this campaign captures the essence of India's grandeur.
- It celebrates the amalgamation of India's ancient heritage with modern grandeur.
- The highlight of the campaign lies in its collaborative approach, developed in close consultation with industry experts, associations and experienced wedding planners.
- The wedding tourism campaign also aims to redefine the perception of India beyond the confines of royal, extravagant weddings. Its thematic focus includes wedding themes such as Beach Wedding, Nature Wedding, Royal Wedding, Himalayan Wedding and beyond, allowing couples to celebrate their dreams with the charm of India.
- This unprecedented initiative showcases the beauty and diversity of India as a premier wedding destination on the global stage.
- Opening doors to India's captivating locales, vibrant rituals, rich cuisine and world-class infrastructure, this expedition has the potential to enthral couples across the world.
- The campaign is the beginning of a strategic effort to position India as a wedding tourism destination, with further initiatives planned to woo the domestic market.
- Incredible India's wedding tourism campaign aims to establish India as the leading choice for couples seeking extraordinary wedding experiences while promoting the growth of the wedding industry and overall tourism in India.