President Draupadi Murmu virtually launched the visionary health program ‘Ayushman Bhava’ campaign from Raj Bhavan in Gandhinagar on 13 September 2023.
This is an important step towards ensuring Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and healthcare for all.
- Ayushman Bhava Abhiyaan is a collaborative effort run by Gram Panchayats in collaboration with the Health Department, other government departments and local elected bodies in rural and urban areas.
Operated by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
- 'Ayushman Bhava' campaign launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India is a comprehensive nationwide healthcare initiative, which aims to provide maximum coverage of healthcare services reaching every village and town in the country.
- The aim of the 'Ayushman Bhava' campaign is to include every person and every village.
Programs organized under Ayushman Bhava campaign:
- Providing Ayushman cards to all beneficiaries;
- Organizing Ayushman meetings to make villagers aware about health, hygiene and nutrition;
- Organization of Ayushman fairs; And
- To arrange visits of specialist doctors to community health centers once a week under Ayushman Aapke Dwar 3.0 initiative.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission was launched in September 2021. The President expressed confidence that India will set an example of digital inclusion in the health services sector like other sectors.
Ayushman Bhava Campaign:
- Ayushman Bhava Abhiyan is a comprehensive nationwide healthcare initiative of the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare which aims to provide last mile coverage of healthcare services to every village and town in the country.
Seva Pakhwada will be celebrated as:
- This campaign will be conducted during 'Seva Pakhwada' from 17 September to 2 October 2023.
- Its main objective is to expand comprehensive health care coverage to every village and town, overcoming geographical barriers and ensuring that health services are available to every individual.
- Its objective is to have three components:
- Ayushman - Your Doorstep 3.0,
- Health and Wellness Centers (HWCs) and Community Health Centers (CHCs) and
- The aim is to maximize the coverage of health services through Ayushman fairs in Ayushman Sabhas in every village and panchayat.
- Ayushman Aapke Dwar 3.0: This initiative aims to provide Ayushman cards to the remaining eligible beneficiaries enrolled under the PM-JAY scheme and ensure that more individuals have access to healthcare services.
- Ayushman Fairs at HWCs and CHCs: Ayushman Bharat- These fairs to be organized at HWCs and Community Health Centers will facilitate issuance of Aabha ID (Health ID) and issuance of Ayushman Bharat Card. They will also provide early diagnosis, comprehensive primary health care services, teleconsultation with specialists and proper diagnosis.
- Ayushman Sabhas: These sabhas in each village and panchayat will play an important role in distributing Ayushman cards, creating ABHA IDs and raising awareness about important health schemes and disease conditions, such as non-communicable diseases, tuberculosis, sickle cell disease as well as blood donation and organ donation drives.