Prime Minister Modi released the 15th installment of PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana on November 15, 2023, during his visit to Birsa College, Khunti (Jharkhand).
- The program during this period was telecast live by Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), Indian Agricultural Research Institute (ICAR), State Agricultural Universities, PM Kisan Samriddhi Kendras, Primary Agricultural Cooperative Societies and Common Service Centers (CSCs) across the country.
More than 8 crore farmers benefited from the 15th installment:
- An amount of more than Rs 18,000 crore was released to more than 8.0 crore farmers as the 15th installment by Prime Minister Modi.
- The total amount transferred to beneficiary farmers since the launch of the scheme is expected to exceed the figure of Rs 2.80 lakh crore.
- This financial assistance will help the farmers to meet their agricultural and other emergent needs.
PM-Kisan Scheme is the world's largest direct benefit transfer scheme:
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme is one of the largest direct benefit transfer schemes in the world.
- It is a Central Sector Scheme launched on 24 February 2019 to meet the financial needs of all land-holding farmers within certain restrictive norms of high income limit.
- A financial benefit of Rs 6,000/- per year in three equal installments every four months is transferred to the bank accounts of farmer families across the country through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- So far, benefits amounting to more than Rs 2.61 lakh crore have been provided to more than 11 crore farmers across the country.
- For the release of 15th tranche, e-KYC (e-Know Your Customer) and linking of Aadhaar with active bank accounts is mandatory to ensure that the benefits go directly to the genuine beneficiaries in their Aadhaar linked bank accounts.
Features of facial authentication-based e-KYC:
- To facilitate farmers to complete e-KYC in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has developed a mobile application with the facility of facial authentication-based e-KYC.
- Farmers can complete their e-KYC using this application. With this mobile application, a farmer can help 100 other farmers in his neighborhood to complete e-KYC from home.
- This is the first mobile application that uses facial authentication features in any benefit transfer scheme of the Government of India.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has also launched a PM-Kisan Artificial Intelligence Chatbot (Kisan e-Mitra), which will provide a one-stop solution to farmers for their complaints related to the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme.
- Integrated with Bhashini, this chatbot provides assistance in local languages like Hindi, Tamil, Odia, Bengali and English through voice and text assistance.
- These technology solutions are aimed at resolving common queries and complaints raised by beneficiaries quickly and effectively.
- The chatbot is enabling farmers to get answers to all their scheme-related queries, providing them with accurate and timely information.