The Rajasthan State Guru Gorakhnath Board has been constituted by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. This board will identify the problems of Jogi, Yogi and Nath castes and give suggestions to the state government on the basis of authentic survey reports to provide basic facilities to these classes and remove backwardness.
Orders in this regard have been issued by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment after Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal for formation of the board.
About Guru Gorakhnath
Guru Gorakhnath was an embodiment of India's traditional treasure of eternal wisdom and Yoga traditions. Guru Shri Gorakhnath is also a luminous link in one of the longest Guru-Disciple lineages of the world in the religious and spiritual field. Mahayogi's image disseminates the light through which emanates and reverberates the cosmic energy and eternal knowledge of Bharatiya Gyan Parampara.
About the Board
- Suggestions will be given regarding proposing various schemes for the welfare of the society by the board, coordination with various departments in relation to the ongoing schemes, promotion of employment, educational and economic upgradation of the society, furthering the traditional business of the society with the present methods.
- Along with this, other suggestions including strengthening and renovation of the religious and cultural heritage of the society and monasteries, research on articles, literature etc. related to the society, taking concrete measures against social evils will also be presented to the state government.
- The Board will have 5 non-official members (Chairman, Vice-Chairman and 3 Members). In addition, the Government Secretary/Commissioner/Director/Joint Director or their representative board of Industry Department, School Education (Primary/Secondary) and Sanskrit Education Department, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department, Labor Department, Devasthan Department, Social Justice and Empowerment Department I will be as official member.
- A Deputy Director level officer of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department will be the Secretary in the Board.
- The Managing Director of the Rajasthan State Other Backward Classes Finance and Development Cooperative Corporation Limited or his representative will be a special invitee to the Board. The Administrative Department of the Board will be the Social Justice and Empowerment Department.