The two-day (18-19 September) fourth meeting of the G20 Framework Working Group started on 18 September 2023 in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
More than 65 representatives of G20 members, invited countries and international organizations are attending this meeting.
- This meeting is being held in Raipur to explore the discussions held in the Framework Working Group and future work areas.
Public participation programs organized by Reserve Bank of India:
- The Reserve Bank of India will host a series of public participation programs in this meeting.
- Panel discussions will be organized on digital banking and financial inclusion, financial literacy programme, G20 awareness programme, painting competition and slogan-writing competition.
Chairing the meeting:
- This meeting is being presided over by Chandni Raina, advisor to the ministry. Sam Beckett, posted in the Central Finance Department, and HM Treasury, the UK's chief economic adviser, will also be involved.
- The Framework Working Group facilitates discussion of the latest global economic outlook and policy guidance on key macroeconomic issues.
Representatives will also visit Nandanvan Zoological Garden:
- During the Raipur G20 Summit, the delegates will also be taken to visit Nandanvan Zoological Garden.
- A 'Dinner Dialogue' and a cultural program will also be organized for the delegates. In this, the delegates will be introduced to the unique traditional cuisine and culture of Chhattisgarh.
- The representatives who came to attend the meeting were welcomed by these foreign guests at Raipur Airport.
- Girls wearing Chhattisgarhi Lugra applied tilak to everyone and made them wear Chhattisgarhi Gamchha. During this time, artists singing songs and dancing Karma Dadriya were seen outside the airport.
- The G20 is an international forum consisting of 19 countries including the European Union and the African Union (to join in 2023). The G20 focuses on international financial stability, sustainable economic growth and promoting global cooperation on key issues.
- Originally established in 1999 as a forum for finance ministers and central bank governors, the G20 became a summit of leaders in 2008, with heads of states and governments meeting annually to discuss a wide range of global issues.
- The mission of the G20 is to focus on issues such as trade, investment, financial regulation, employment, energy, climate change and global health.
- Established: November 1, 2000 (formed as the 26th state of the country)
- Capital: Raipur
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Rajya Sabha Seat: 5
- Lok Sabha seats: 11
- Assembly seats: 90
- Population: 2,55,40,196
- Area: 1,35,192 square km.
- Total Districts: 28
- High Court: Bilaspur (19th in the country)
- Ancient name: Dakshin Kosala
- State figure: seahorse (hippocampus)
- Chhattisgarh is the second state in the country to recognize the community forest resource rights of a village inside the Kanger Valley National Park.