Home > Current Affairs > National > 51000 Appointment Letters under Rozgar Mela

51000 Appointment Letters under Rozgar Mela

Utkarsh Classes 28-10-2023
51000 Appointment Letters under Rozgar Mela Government Scheme 3 min read

On October 28, 2023, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi handed out over 51,000 appointment letters to newly hired workers. 

  • Additionally, these new employees can train themselves through the Karmayogi Prarambh, an online module available on the iGOT Karmayogi portal. Over 750 e-learning courses have been made available for "anywhere any device" learning format.

About Rozgar Mela

On October 22, 2022, Prime Minister Modi launched the 'Rozgar Mela' campaign to provide 10 lakh government jobs. 

  • The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) of the Government of India, is organizing Rozgar Melas across the nation to offer suitable job opportunities in the private sector to unemployed youth. 
  • The Government is ensuring parallel growth in the private/industrial sector with initiatives like the Rozgar Melas. A Rozgar Mela is an event that facilitates the meeting of job seekers and employers, designed to fast-track the employment process.

About National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)

  • The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a non-profit public limited company that was established on July 31, 2008, under section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (corresponding to section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013). 
  • NSDC was created as a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model by the Ministry of Finance. 
  • The Government of India, through the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), owns 49% of NSDC's share capital, while the private sector holds the remaining 51%.
  • NSDC's primary objective is to promote skill development by encouraging the establishment of large, high-quality, and profitable vocational institutions. 
  • The organization also provides funding to develop scalable and profitable vocational training initiatives. 
  • Its mandate is to create a supportive system that concentrates on quality assurance, information systems, and training the trainer academies, either directly or through partnerships. 
  • NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies, and organizations that offer skill training. It also designs appropriate models to enhance, support, and coordinate private sector initiatives. 
  • NSDC's focus on 37 sectors under its purview and its knowledge of their viability will make every sector appealing to private investors.

 

FAQ

Answer: National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)

Answer: The Rozgar Mela is a step towards the fulfillment of the Prime Minister's commitment to accord the highest priority to employment generation.

Answer: October 2022

Answer: Ministry of Finance

Answer: Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
Leave a Review

Utkarsh Classes
DOWNLOAD OUR APP

Download India's Best Educational App

With the trust and confidence that our students have placed in us, the Utkarsh Mobile App has become India’s Best Educational App on the Google Play Store. We are striving to maintain the legacy by updating unique features in the app for the facility of our aspirants.