The National Academies of Customs, Indirect Taxes, and Narcotics (NACIN) and Direct Taxes (NADT) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to share resources such as best practices, expert faculty, training materials, and cutting-edge technology.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by Shri Jayant Diddi, Principal Director General, NADT, and Dr. K.N. Raghavan, Director General, NACIN.
- The Central Boards of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) and Central Boards of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on data exchange in July 2020.
- The benefit of collaboration in sharing resources such as best practices, expert faculty, training materials, and new technology is recognised by NACIN and NADT.
- The MoU would make it easier for both Central Training Institutes to collaborate in sharing resources from CBIC and CBDT.
- NACIN is the top training institute designed to teach Indian Revenue Service Officer Trainees (Customs & Indirect Taxes).
- It provides on-the-job training to all officers and cadres employed by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- The new NACIN campus in Palasamudram is scheduled to open soon.
- NACIN also makes significant contributions to international capacity building in the areas of customs, drug law enforcement, and other indirect tax concerns.
- NADT Nagpur is the main training institute for Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Officer Trainees, as well as a range of in-service courses for medium to senior management level Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) executives.
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC)
- The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (previously the Central Board of Excise and Customs) is a ministry of the Government of India's Ministry of Finance.
- It is in charge of developing policy for the levy and collection of Customs, Central Excise duties, Central Goods and Services Tax, and IGST, as well as the prevention of smuggling and administration of Customs, Central Excise, Central Goods and Services Tax, IGST, and Narcotics matters under the jurisdiction of the CBIC.