The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India along with various stakeholders including tour operators and state tourism departments participated in the ‘International Travel Exhibition Asia’ organized in Singapore with the aim of promoting inbound tourism to India globally including the Asia Pacific region.
Organization of International Travel Exhibition Asia:
- This exhibition-ITB Asia was organized from 25 October to 27 October 2023.
- The Ministry of Tourism led the participation of Indian industry in the exhibition.
- Attracts travel, trade, business and stakeholders from the world and especially the Asia Pacific region to showcase a range of diverse tourism products and transformative experiences for travelers to India.
Incredible India Pavilion inaugurated at the exhibition:
- In this exhibition, the Incredible India Pavilion was inaugurated by Dr. Shilpak Ambule (High Commissioner of India to Singapore).
These Indian states and companies displayed their products in the exhibition:
- Within the Incredible India Pavilion at ITB Asia, there were destination management companies (DMCs) including Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Hyderabad International Convention Center that showcased their products and services.
- The State Government of Goa as well as the Union Territory Administrations of Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir and Puducherry also participated to showcase their respective tourism products.
Visit India Year 2023 announced as:
- This year has been declared as ‘Visit India Year’ 2023 to focus on positioning India as a preferred destination in the targeted potential international markets.
- Singapore along with the South East Asia region is an important market for India, especially for Buddhist tourism. India has excellent contacts with this region.
Ministry of Tourism launched a Strategy for Sustainable Tourism:
- The Ministry of Tourism also focuses on promoting sustainable tourism and mainstreaming sustainability in the tourism sector.
- India has launched a National Strategy for Sustainable Tourism with the aim of bringing sustainability to the Indian tourism sector and ensuring more resilient, inclusive, carbon-neutral and resource-efficient tourism while protecting natural and cultural resources.
- The strategy has seven key pillars that focus on promoting environmental, economic and socio-cultural sustainability, protecting biodiversity and creating awareness through skill development and entrepreneurship.
Travel for LiFE:
- On the occasion of World Tourism Day (27 September) 2023, the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, in partnership with the Ministry of Environment and Forests, organized the global launch of 'Travel for LiFE', a regional program under Mission LiFE.