The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India is going to organise the first 'Global India AI 2023' in October this year.
It will see participation from leading AI participants, researchers, startups and investors from India and the world.
- The Global IndiaAI 2023 conference is planned to be held on 14-15 October. It will bring together the best and brightest in AI from India and around the world.
The following topics will be discussed in the conference:
- The conference covered a wide range of topics including Next Generation Learning and Foundational AI Models, Applications of AI in Healthcare, Governance and Next Generation Electric Vehicles, Future AI Research Trends, AI Computing Systems, Investment Opportunities and Nurturing AI Talent Will be included.
Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar will be the chairman of the steering committee of the conference:
- Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & Information Technology Rajiv Chandrasekhar is the Chairman of the Steering Committee of the conference, which has been entrusted with the task of preparing the roadmap for Global IndiaAI 2023.
- The steering committee consists of the Digital Economy Advisory Group of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and other key leaders in the field of AI.
Objective of the conference:
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar informed the conference that the government aims to bring together the best and brightest minds of the world under one roof to deliberate on the future of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and its impact across multiple sectors.
- This summit is expected to grow and become an essential event on the annual calendar of the global AI industry, startups, practitioners, researchers and students.
- The overwhelming success of the last two editions of the SEMCON India conference by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has placed India firmly on the global SEMCON map.
- This enabled India to become a catalyst for investment and growth within the region. The Global IndiaAI Summit will also catalyse India's AI landscape and innovation ecosystem.
The conference will also serve as a showcase for the vibrant IndiaAI ecosystem, including key initiatives such as DI Bhashini, India Dataset Programme, IndiaAI Future Design Program for Startups and the IndiaAI Future Skills Program dedicated to nurturing world-class AI talent.