The Union Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal presented the Nehru Chal Vaijayanti and trophy to Chhindwara Kendriya Vidyalaya, Madhya Pradesh for securing first position in the 33rd National Youth Parliament Competition, 2022-23.
The Union Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal distributed prizes to the winners of the 33rd National Youth Parliament Competition, 2022-23, at a function, in New Delhi on 01 September 2023.
- The Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs has been organising Youth Parliament Competitions for Kendriya Vidyalayas for many years.
Chhindwara Central School got first place:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1 in Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, from the Jabalpur Zone in the South Zone, secured the top position at the National Level in the 33rd Competition and was honoured with the "Nehru Running Shield" and trophy.
- Apart from this, Zonal Winner Trophies were also awarded to the 4 schools who stood first at the Zonal level in the competition.
- Along with this, 20 schools which got the first position at the regional level were awarded regional winning trophies in this competition.
- Under the scheme of Youth Parliament Competition for Kendriya Vidyalayas, the 33rd competition in the series was organised during 2022-23 among a total of 150 Kendriya Vidyalayas spread over 25 regions of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
Objective of Youth Parliament Competition:
- The main objective of the Youth Parliament Scheme is to develop self-discipline, tolerance towards diverse views, proper expression of views and other qualities of a democratic lifestyle in the young generation.
- Besides this, the scheme also acquaints the students with the practices and procedures of Parliament, techniques of discussion and debate and develops self-confidence, leadership quality and the art and skills of effective oratory.