The 14th Al Ain Book Festival was launched by the Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre (ALC). The festival, which is hosted by Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Ruler's Representative in the Al Ain Region, includes over 400 events and specialist programming in the sectors of culture, arts, and innovation.
Al Ain Book Festival 2023
- The Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre (ALC) has unveiled its preparations for the Al Ain Book Festival (AABF) 2023.
- It will be hosted by His Highness Sheikh Tahnoon bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, the Ruler's Representative in Al Ain Region.
- The Al Ain Book event, a cultural and literary event that honours books and reading, is gearing up for its next edition.
- The Al Ain Book Festival 2023 is being held from November 19 to November 25, 2023.
- The event was established in 2009. Previously, it was known as the Al Ain Book Fair.
- Various events would take place throughout nine of Al Ain's most important cultural venues as part of the festival.
- With more than 60,000 book titles offered by 150 exhibitors, the event is free to the public and strives to encourage knowledge among all parts of the community.
- The festival seeks to promote Al Ain City as a significant venue for staging cultural events and exhibitions that appeal to the varied UAE community.
- The event exemplifies the Abu Dhabi Arabic Language Centre's mission of preserving the worth and aesthetics of the Arabic language and literature across the world.
- Theme: All Eyes on Al Ain
- Venue: Al Ain Square-Hassa Bin Zayed Stadium
- The inaugural Kanz Al Jeel Award, which recognises a new generation of Nabati poets and academics, would also be presented at the event.
- Salem Saif Al Khaaldi for the collection Good Heart, and Ayesha Ali Al Ghais for her research on Emirati Nabati poetry are among the three Emiratis on the list of winners.
Nine Major Locations
- Al Ain Square - Hazza bin Zayed Stadium
- Al Ain Square
- Qasr Al Muwaiji
- Bait Mohammed bin Khalifa
- Zayed Central Library
- United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
- Al Qattara Arts Centre, as well as retail centres Al Ain Mall
- Barari Mall
- Al Foah Mall.
About Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabian, Dhabyani