Srinagar District has claimed the top spot in the Jal Jeevan Survekshan (JJS-2023) category Front Runner among 114 Har Ghar Jal Certified Villages across India.
The district's exceptional performance in the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) from October 01, 2022, to June 30, 2023, has earned it the highest rank.
About Jal Jeevan Survekshan (JJS)
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has introduced the Jal Jeevan Survekshan (JJS) under Jal Jeevan Mission to assess districts and States on their performance in achieving the objectives of the Mission.
- The overarching purpose is to incentivize States/ districts functionaries to strive for beer performances and improve water service delivery in rural areas.
- To motivate and to bring in healthy competition among the Districts, Jal Jeevan
- Survekshan-2023 is being launched where efforts of the top performing districts will be
- recognized on monthly and quarterly basis.
Categories in Jal Jeevan Survekshan
About Jal Jeevan Mission
- On 15th August 2019, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi announced the Jal Jeevan Mission. It envisages supply of 55 liters of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- It comes under Jal Shakti Ministry.
- Goa becomes the First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified State & Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu becomes the First ‘Har Ghar Jal’ Certified UT in India in August, 2022