India's Reetika Hooda won a gold medal at the U23 Wrestling World Championships under 76 Kg category.
- Reetika Hooda is a wrestling world champion from India and is the second Indian to win a gold medal at the U23 Wrestling World Championships.
- In an action-packed 76 kg final, Reetika defeated USA's former U20 world champion, Kennedy Blades, 9-2.
- Reetika's counter-attacking game proved successful against the favourite Blades, an Asian Championships bronze medalist. Reetika led 3-2 at the break, with points coming by pushing Blades out.
- Neha Sharma won the silver medal in the 55kg women's wrestling category but lost 2-4 to Albania's Umi Imai in the final. Nitika won the bronze medal in the 59 kg category after defeating Canada's Michaela Rankin 5-0.
- Reetika Hooda is a rising star in wrestling and has made India proud with her achievements.
Aman Sehrawat became the first Indian wrestler to win a Gold medal at U-23 World Wrestling Championships in Spain.
About Reetika Hooda
Reetika Hooda is from Rohtak, Haryana and is an Indian wrestler.
- Bronze medal at the 2023 Ibrahim Moustafa Wrestling Ranking Series in Egypt.
- Bronze medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023.
About World U23 Wrestling Championships
The World U23 Wrestling Championships are organized by United World Wrestling and is the Amateur Wrestling World Championship for athletes under 23 years old. The tournament started in 2017.
- The U23 Wrestling World Championships is running in Tirana, Albania.