National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC), India's largest integrated energy conglomerate, has been recognized as one of the "World's Best Employers 2023" in the Forbes World's Best Employers list 2023 released on 10 October 2023.
Who was given which rank of NTPC Limited?
- NTPC Limited is ranked 261st among the top 700 companies in the world ranking and is the only Indian public sector undertaking (PSU) to feature in the list.
- This is proof that the work of the people at NTPC is at par with the top companies in the world.
Forbes releases the list of top 700 companies every year:
- Forbes publishes the World's Best Employers list every year through independent market research to identify the top 700 companies.
Criteria for inclusion in the Forbes list:
- The list recognizes companies that provide exciting and positive working environments, training and career advancement opportunities, employee benefits, employee centricity and workplace diversity.
Forbes compiled the list in partnership with market research firm Statista:
- Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to create its seventh annual list of the World's Best Employers this year.
Forbes recognized these works of NTPC:
- Forbes recognized NTPC's excellence in developing and managing its human resources through its progressive and "People Before Plant Load Factor (PLF)" approach and continuous process improvement.
- The policies and interventions of progressive people have helped NTPC's workforce to remain agile and future ready.
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC):
- Established: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director: Gurdeep Singh
- NTPC Limited is India's largest integrated power utility, meeting one-fourth of the country's needs.
- It is a Central Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power.
- With an installed capacity of over 73 GW and a diverse choice of thermal, hydro, solar and wind power plants, NTPC is dedicated to providing reliable, affordable and sustainable power to the country.
- The company is committed to adopting best practices, fostering innovation and adopting clean energy technologies for a green future.
- It was declared a Maharatna company in May 2010.