On 6 October 2023, Northern Region Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute (NRFMTTI), Hisar, Haryana has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai, one of India's leading manufacturers of tractors and agricultural machinery.
NRFMTTI comes under the control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
- The MoU with Mahindra outlines a collaborative effort to offer comprehensive training programs that will prepare youth for the challenges and opportunities in the agricultural machinery industry.
Purpose of Agreement:
- This strategic partnership aims to promote skill development among the youth, equipping them with the expertise required for careers in the field of agricultural mechanization.
- To bridge the gap between the industry requirements and the skills possessed by the youth, and ultimately strengthen the workforce in the agricultural mechanization sector.
Key features of the agreement:
- Industry-linked curriculum: The training curriculum will be designed to closely align with industry demands, ensuring that graduates are job-ready upon completion of their training.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Mahindra will develop world-class training facilities, laboratories and experienced faculty to ensure high-quality training for the enrolled students.
- Skill Development Programme: NRFMTTI and leading agricultural machinery manufacturers will jointly design and implement skill development programs tailored to the specific needs of the agricultural machinery industry.
- Internship and Placement Assistance: The partnership will facilitate internship opportunities for students within the manufacturing company, giving them practical exposure to real-world industry operations.
- Additionally, manufacturers will actively participate in NRFMTTI's placement efforts, assisting in job placement for graduates.
Northern Region Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute (NRFMTTI):
- NRFMTTI, Hisar is a public funded agriculture and farm training and testing institute.
- It is one of the four such institutions established by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
- It has provided training to students from all over India and more than 27 countries and an annual Krishi Darshan Expo is held at the institute in October.
- Director of NRFMTTI, Hisar: Dr. Mukesh Jain
Central Agricultural Machinery Use Training Centre:
- In 1955, to promote the adoption of mechanized farming, the Government of India initially established the Central Agricultural Machinery Use Training Center at Budhni, Madhya Pradesh.
- Apart from this, three more regional Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institutes were established to provide services to all areas of the country.
- These centers were established mainly in North, South and East regions.
- Regional Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute for Northern Region, Hisar (1963),
- Garladin (1983) in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh for the southern region and
- Biswanath Chariyali in Assam for the eastern region was established in (1990).