The Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India organized the ‘National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) Conclave’ at Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh on 27 September 2023 to promote entrepreneurship culture and spread awareness of the NSSH Scheme and other Schemes of the Ministry.
The occasion saw the participation of Union Minister of State, Ministry of MSME, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma, and around 600 SC-ST aspiring and existing entrepreneurs.
- Before Jhabua, in August 2023, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma had inaugurated the National SC-ST Hub Mega Conclave in Gumla, Jharkhand.
- MSMEs not only provide huge employment opportunities but also help in the industrialization of rural and backward areas.
SC-ST in Madhya Pradesh:
- Based on the 2011 census, the Scheduled Caste (SC) population in Madhya Pradesh is 15.6% of the state's total population. While the Scheduled Tribe (ST) population is 21.1%.
- The state of Madhya Pradesh is rich in natural resources – fuel, minerals, agriculture and biodiversity and is also the largest diamond-producing state in the country.
- It is the second largest producer of horticultural crops in India, making it a potential location for mining and food processing industries.
- The MSME Ministry is taking several measures to provide the necessary support for these units to flourish.
Benefits from SC-ST Hub Mega Conclave:
- The Hub assists existing SC/ST entrepreneurs and enterprises in technical upgradation and capacity building, enabling them to effectively participate in the government procurement process.
- This will involve the active participation of CPSEs/Central Ministries, States, industry associations like DICCI and others.
- Selected entrepreneurs will be provided support and mentorship by industry experts, CPSEs and incubators.