In the presidential election held in Argentina on 19 November 2023, right-wing leader Javier Milei won the country's presidential election, now Milei will be the next President of the country. Javier Milei has made many big promises to the people in Argentina amid deepening discontent among the public over increasing poverty.
- Javier Milei will now be the new President of Argentina in place of Alberto Fernández.
- After the election results were announced, Peronist Party Finance Minister Sergio Massa accepted defeat and congratulated Javier Milei on winning the elections.
- According to the Argentine Election Authority, 95 percent of the votes were cast in the presidential election, in which Javier Milei received 55.8 percent and Sergio Massa received 44.2 percent.
Democracy strengthening in Argentina:
- 95 percent voter turnout in the presidential elections in Argentina is a sign of strengthening democracy here.
- Javier Milei got 11.6 percent more votes than his rival.
- Also, this result is the biggest electoral result since the return of democracy in Argentina in 1983.
- After the election results were announced, people celebrated by blowing horns in their vehicles on the streets of Argentina's financial capital Buenos Aires. With Milei's victory, Argentina would swing to the right.
- Miley started his career as a television presenter.
People voted for change in Argentina:
- According to many local political analysts in Argentina, "This victory was due less to the characteristics of Javier Milei and more to the demand for change in Argentina. This election result is a symbol of the disappointment of the majority of Argentine people.
Inflation is very high in Argentina right now:
- It is noteworthy that inflation in Argentina has currently reached above 140 percent, due to rising inflation, poverty in the country has become worse.
- Javier Milei has promised the public to curb inflation in Argentina. Keeping this in view, the people of Argentina have made Milei win the elections with a majority.
Prime Minister Modi congratulated Javier Milei:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi congratulates Javier Milei on Argentina's presidential election victory.
- Congratulating Javier Milei, he said that he looks forward to working closely with Javier Milei to diversify and expand the India-Argentina strategic partnership.
- Capital: Buenos Aires
- Currency: Argentina’s Peso
- President: Javier Milei