Inception, a unit of Abu Dhabi AI company G42, has released 'Jais', the world's most advanced Arabic large language model .
Jais is a bilingual Arabic-English model that has been trained on a massive dataset of text and code. It can be used for a variety of tasks, such as machine translation, text summarization, and question answering.
- It was trained on the Condor Galaxy, the world's largest AI supercomputer, using 116 billion Arabic tokens and 279 billion English tokens. It is also open-source, which means that anyone can use it or contribute to its development.
- Jais is available to download on the Hugging Face machine learning platform.
- The release of Jais is a significant step forward for the development of AI in the Arabic world.
- It is a powerful tool that can be used to improve the lives of millions of people. Potential applications of Jais include, Machine translation , which can be used to translate text from Arabic to English and vice versa. This could be used to improve the accessibility of information to Arabic speakers, as well as to facilitate communication between Arabic speakers and speakers of other languages.
- Moreover, Jais adeptly distills extensive textual content, from news articles to research papers, into succinct and comprehensible summaries, enhancing accessibility and comprehension.
- Additionally, Jais shines in responding to queries about text, enabling educational tools like responsive chatbots for students or robust customer service applications for client inquiries.
- Earlier, the UAE created an open-source large language model (LLM) called Falcon through the state-owned Technology Innovation Institute.