The Indian women's hockey team has won the Women's Asian Champions Trophy 2023 title. India has won the gold medal in this competition for the second time by winning the final match.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has praised the Indian women's hockey team for winning the gold medal in the Asian Champions Trophy 2023.
Became Asian champion by defeating Japan in the final:
- The host team defeated Japan 4-0 in the title match played at Marang Gomke Jaipal Singh Munda Astroturf Hockey Stadium, Ranchi on 5 November 2023.
China received bronze medal:
- China won the bronze medal by defeating Korea 2-1 in the Women's Asian Champions Trophy 2023.
Key results of Women's Asian Champions Trophy 2023:
- India secured its seventh consecutive victory in as many matches during this edition.
- Jharkhand's Salima Tete was chosen as the player of the tournament.
- Sangeeta Kumari scored the maximum six goals in the tournament for the Indian team.
- China's Jiaqi Zhong was the top scorer with 7 goals.
- Hockey India has announced to give Rs 3 lakh each to each player of the Indian team that wins the Asian Champions Trophy.
- Apart from this, each support employee will be given Rs 1.5 lakh.
- Jharkhand Governor CP Radhakrishnan and Chief Minister Hemant Soren have congratulated the Indian team on the victory.
- India had earlier won this title in the year 2016.
- The Indian team has won silver medals in 2013 and 2018.