A battalion attached with Rajputana Rifles proceeded to Russia for the Counter Terrorism Ground Training Exercise (FTX) ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus Expert Working Group (EWG).
The exercise will be conducted in Russia from September 25-30, 2023, In which a contingent of 32 personnel from a battalion affiliated with Rajputana Rifles is participating from the Indian side.
Who is hosting the Exercise?
- This multinational joint military exercise is being hosted by Russia, along with Myanmar, as co-chair of the EWG.
After Naypyidaw's table top Exercise:
- The exercise follows the ADMM+EWG table top exercise being held in Naypyidaw, Myanmar from 2-4 August 2023.
- Since 2017, the ADMM Plus meeting has provided an opportunity for dialogue and coordination with the ASEAN and Plus countries.
- The inaugural ASEAN Defense Ministers Meeting (ADMM) was held in Hanoi on October 12, 2010. This year Plus Group is also participating in Abhsaas along with ASEAN members.
What is the main goal of practice?
- The main objective of this exercise is to strengthen and promote regional cooperation in the field of counter-terrorism.
Destroying terrorist groups:
- Many anti-terrorism exercises will be organised during this exercise. This will also include destroying terrorist groups in fortified areas.
How will India benefit from the exercise?
- The ADMM Plus EWG on Counter-Terrorism will provide the Indian Army a platform to share its expertise and best practices in counter-terrorism operations as well as provide an opportunity to enhance cooperation with 12 other countries.
- The Indian Army hopes to get the best professional experience from this exercise.