India has won the bid to host the prestigious International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement (ICCC) in New Delhi in 2027.
- India's leading research and academic institutes, the National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM), and IIT Delhi successfully presented India's bid before the Steering Committee members of the Conference during the ongoing 16th ICCC at Bangkok, Thailand. Besides India, other bidders were from Switzerland and the UAE.
- The decision was announced on 20 September 2023 in Bangkok, Thailand, during the 16th ICCC.
- Hosting this esteemed event in India gives us a unique opportunity to bring together the leading leaders, experts, and innovators in the cement sector worldwide.
- This event is a testament to our research and academic organization's capabilities and a chance to showcase our vibrant city, New Delhi, to the global cement and concrete industry.
- New Delhi, as a host city, will be poised to offer an unforgettable experience to all attendees of the 17th ICCC in 2027 with its world-class conference facilities like Bharat Mandapam and Yashobhoomi, rich cultural heritage, and exceptional hospitality.
International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement (ICCC)
The International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement is the largest and most prestigious event of its kind, which reviews the progress of research in Cement and Concrete.
- The 9th Congress was organized at New Delhi in 1992 by NCCBM, and the 16th ICCC was held in Bangkok, Thailand, from 18-22 September 2023.
National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM)
The National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) is an apex Research and Development organization under the administrative control of DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- NCCBM is dedicated to research, technology development & transfer, education & industrial services for cement, allied building materials & construction industries. NCCBM has a proven track record of executing biennial NCB International Seminars/Conferences of similar magnitude, ensuring a seamless and memorable experience for all participants from across the globe.