Google, the popular search engine, recently celebrated its 25th anniversary with a unique doodle. Although Google Inc. was incorporated on September 4, the company has observed its birthday on September 27 for more than a decade.
- The latest Google Doodle features a GIF that transforms 'Google' into 'G25gle.' The tech giant stated that it was making use of this day to "reflect" on its past while keeping its eyes on the future.
- Over the years, Google has produced more than 5,000 doodles, beginning with one that commemorated the Burning Man festival.
- The team at Google selects themes for the doodles, typically anniversaries or historical occasions, while the Doodlers, an illustration team, creates the designs.
Google LLC, formerly Google Inc., is a search engine.
It was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin . Google LLC is now a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
- Google handles over 70% of global online search requests, making it a leading brand headquartered in Mountain View, California.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page, both doctoral students at Stanford University in the late 90s, founded Google with the vision of making the World Wide Web more accessible. Working from their dorm rooms, they tirelessly developed a prototype for a better search engine. On September 27, 1998, Google Inc. was officially established.
- The company's mission, as stated on their blog, remains the same since 1998: to organize the world's information and also make it universally accessible and useful. Google continues to pursue this mission despite changes.
Google's current CEO is Indian Born Sundar Pichai. He was an alumni of IIT Kharagpur.