On October 3, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first 800 MW plant of the first phase of NTPC's 'Telangana Super Thermal Power Project' at an event organized in Nizamabad, Telangana.
- Located in Peddapalli district, the project will provide electricity to Telangana at affordable prices and boost the economic development of the state.
- This project will be one of the most environmentally friendly projects in the country.
The second plant of the project will be commissioned soon:
- The second plant of this project will also be commissioned soon and upon its completion, the installed capacity of the power plant will increase to 4,000 MW.
Telangana Super Thermal Power Plant is one of the most modern plants:
- The Prime Minister expressed happiness that the Telangana Super Thermal Power Plant is the most modern power plant among all NTPC power plants in the country. The foundation stone of this project was laid in 2016.
- Phase-I of NTPC's Telangana Super Thermal Power Project is being set up at an approved cost of Rs 10,998 crore on land available in the premises of NTPC's existing Ramagundam station in Peddapalli district.
- This project will supply 85 percent of its power to Telangana state.
One of the environmentally friendly power stations is:
- Being a pit-head power station with ultra supercritical technology, this project will help the state of Telangana by providing low cost power.
- Furthermore, being NTPC's most efficient power station in India, it will reduce specific coal consumption and CO2 emissions, making it one of the most eco-friendly power stations in India.
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC):
- Established: 1975
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairman and Managing Director: Gurdeep Singh
- NTPC Limited is India's largest integrated power utility, meeting one-fourth of the country's needs.
- It is a Central Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Power.
- With an installed capacity of over 73 GW and a diverse choice of thermal, hydro, solar and wind power plants, NTPC is dedicated to providing reliable, affordable and sustainable power to the country.
- The company is committed to adopting best practices, fostering innovation and adopting clean energy technologies for a green future.
- It was declared a Maharatna company in May 2010.