The three-day (27 to 29 October) North East India Festival (NEIF) was launched on 27 October 2023 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The inaugural event of the festival saw the presence of 15 top Vietnamese provincial leaders, officials and industrialists, along with a large number of local people.
- According to Shyamkanu Mahant, chief organizer of the North East India Festival, NEIF organizes cultural, fashion and music shows, exhibitions and cultural exchange programs in Ho Chi Minh City.
What is the purpose of NEIF being celebrated in Vietnam?
- The festival, in collaboration with the Ministry of External Affairs, aims to further strengthen Indian engagement in the region by taking forward the Act East Policy by focusing on trade, tourism and cultural exchanges.
This is the third edition of NEIF:
The third edition of the North East India Festival, which has opened a new door to tourism, investment and people-to-people contacts from North East India to Vietnam and other South-East Asian countries.
Highlights of Day 2 of NEIF:
- Many important functions and meetings were organized on the second day of this three-day festival, mainly
- A series of B2B meetings on tourism with about 70 tour operators from Vietnam,
- Trade and investment meeting with about 100 entrepreneurs from Vietnam,
- People-to-people exchanges with vice-chancellors of Vietnamese universities with the North-East.
- A meeting was held with stakeholders from the Eastern Region.
Cultural event organized in September Park of Ho Chi Minh City:
- Meanwhile, on October 28, cultural shows, fashion shows, music shows, exhibitions and cultural exchange programs were organized at September Park in Ho Chi Minh City.
Union Minister of State for External Affairs joins NEIF:
- Earlier on October 27, Union Minister of State for External Affairs Rajkumar Ranjan Singh, who went to Vietnam to attend the North East India Festival, said that India's foreign policy under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi is trying to bring the entire world into one family.
India's Act East Policy will get strength:
- The Act East Policy is the centerpiece of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision to connect Northeast India with Southeast Asia.
- NEIF aims to strengthen collaboration between India and Vietnam as well as the entire East Asia in the world of academia, trade, business and culture.