Rohan Bopanna bid farewell to tennis with a win in the ongoing Davis Cup match in Lucknow on 17 September 2023.
The 43-year-old Bopanna teamed up with Yuki Bhambri to defeat Moroccan pair Elliot Benchetrit and Younes Lalami Laroussi in the World Group II doubles match in Lucknow at the Davis Cup tie.
- Indian tennis legend Rohan Bopanna played his last Davis Cup match against Morocco. India has defeated Morocco in the World Group II match. With this, India will now play the World Group I play-off in 2024.
- With this victory in Davis Cup, Rohan Bopanna's 21 year long Davis Cup career came to an end.
Rohan Bopanna's sports career:
- Indian tennis player Rohan Bopanna started his career in Davis Cup against Australia in September 2002 and said goodbye to Davis Cup in September this year itself.
- Rohan Bopanna played 33 matches in his tennis career, out of which he won 23 matches. These also include 13 doubles matches.
- Rohan Bopanna has won 5 Grand Slam titles and also 5 ATP Masters 1000 titles in his career. This right-handed tennis player has also represented India in the 2012 and 2016 Olympics.
- Bopanna has brought a happy end to his 21-year long journey by becoming the runner-up in the US Open in early September 2023 and now the winner in the Davis Cup.
- Presently Rohan Bopanna is the Vice President of Karnataka Tennis Association.