On September 6, the Mukhyamantri Kamdhenu Pashu Bima Yojana will be launched from Gulabpura in Bhilwara district, under which two milch animals per family will be given free insurance of Rs.40,000 per animal.
A grant of about Rs 3 thousand crore has been given to Gaushalas and Nandishalas during the tenure of the present government.
A compensation of Rs 40 thousand per cow was given to cattle herders for the cows that died due to lumpy disease. Besides, milk producers are being provided a subsidy of Rs 5 per liter on milk.
About Mukhyamantri Kamdhenu Pashu Bima Yojana
- During the budget of the financial year 2023-24, the Rajasthan government has announced the launch of Mukhyamantri Kamdhenu Pashu Bima Yojana.
- Rajasthan Mukhyamantri Kamdhenu Pashu Bima Yojana is being operated by the Animal Husbandry Department.
- Through this scheme, the animal rearers will get the guarantee of good health of the animals and their safety to the animal herders.
- The main objective of starting the scheme is to provide insurance cover to the livestock farmers of the state in case of untimely death of animals.
- Under the scheme, in case of untimely death of milch animals, per animal insurance will be given to the animal parents.
- Animal insurance up to Rs 40,000 will be provided free of cost for two milch bovine animals for each family.
- Cattle insurance will be done free of cost for maximum two milch cattle of cattle herders with annual income up to Rs.8 lakh.
- Cattle breeders with an annual income of more than Rs 8 lakh will have to pay a maximum rate of Rs 200 per animal per year.
- Nodal Department: Animal Husbandry Department, Rajasthan.