Chhattisgarh State Chief Minister Bhupesh Bhagel unveiled the new office building of Chhattisgarh State Agricultural Marketing (Mandi) Board in Nava Raipur and also laid the foundation stone of the Chhattisgarh Krishi Bhawan.
On this occasion, he announced to name this building after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
The office of the Seed Corporation will also function in this building constructed at a cost of Rs 40 crore in Sector 24 of Nava Raipur.
- Various agriculture related activities will be conducted from this building built in approximately 1 lakh 58 thousand square feet, which will benefit the farmers.
- About 1.25 lakh metric tonnes of paddy is to be purchased in the state. Keeping this in view, paddy collection centers are also being developed as markets.
- Cultivation of millets is also being continuously encouraged in the state and it is being purchased at support price.
- The Chief Minister said that it has been the government's continuous effort to ensure that farmers get the right price for their produce.
- The state government will now purchase 20 quintals of paddy from farmers. Last year, Rs 1 lakh 75 thousand crore was given to the farmers for their produce.
- With the construction of the new Mandi Bhawan, all the Mandi members of the state will now have ease in their work.
- Apart from this, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel performed the bhoomi pujan and laid the foundation stone of the new five-storey Chhattisgarh Krishi Bhawan to be built on 3.14 acres at a cost of Rs 49 crore 50 lakh in Sector-19 of Nava Raipur.
- Krishi Bhawan will house all the departments related to agriculture - Directorate of Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture and Field Forestry, Watershed Management, Livestock Development, Fisheries. The offices of the Agriculture Minister and Agriculture Production Commissioner will also be established in the building.
- The construction of Integrated Agriculture Building will increase the coordination between the affiliated institutions of the department, which will speed up the agricultural development work and it will be possible to solve the problems of the farmers coming from all over the state under one roof. In future, Krishi Bhawan will be developed as an 'Integrated Resource Centre' for the development of the agriculture sector.