Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala is on a four-day visit to Norway from 21 August 2023, during which he will be accompanied by a high-level delegation.
The objective of the delegation is to strengthen bilateral cooperation between India and Norway in the field of fisheries and aquaculture.
- During the visit, the delegation will hold bilateral discussions with the Norwegian Minister for Fisheries and Ocean Policy, Secretary of State and other key officials on various aspects of fisheries development, resource management, research, innovation and trade.
- The Indian delegation will also participate in the biennial aquaculture exhibition and trade fair Aqua Nor 2023 in Trondheim from 22 to 24 August.
- The exhibition will showcase the latest developments and solutions for sustainable and profitable aquaculture. It further added that the delegation will hold talks with various Norwegian enterprises that have expertise in various aspects of fish farming and aquaculture, such as fish health, feed, genetics, equipment, processing and marketing.
- The delegation will also visit state of the art facilities related to fisheries and aquaculture in Norway, such as fishing vessels, fishing harbours, hatcheries, cage farms and seafood processing units.
- Capital: Oslo
- Currency: Norwegian krone
- Prime Minister: Jonas Gehr Store