The Telangana State government launched the “Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme” in Hyderabad for Class 1 to 10 all school children studying in government schools besides those being run by the Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs).
Key Highlights of the Launching of Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme
The Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme will be extended to all state-run schools for students from Classes 1 to 10 after the Dasara vacation.
- State IT Minister K Tarakarama Rao shared the breakfast with the students while launching the Scheme at the government high school in Hyderabad.
- Addressing a gathering the State Minister said, the Scheme will benefit over 23 lakh students in over 27 thousand government and Panchayati Raj schools across the State.
- He added the implementation of the scheme will incur an expenditure of over 400 crore rupees annually.
- Mr Rao stated that the scheme will address the issues of malnutrition among the children, besides improving the enrolment of students in the schools.
- State Finance Minister T Harish Rao also launched the scheme at the Zilla Parishad High School in Raviryala village of Rangareddy district. He said that the Scheme was a revolutionary step in improving the nutritional standards of the students.
- The nutritious breakfast will be served every morning 45 minutes before the commencement of the classes.
Note: In August 2022 Tamil Nadu also launched the Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme.
Formed as the 29th State of India, Telangana came into being on the 2nd of June, 2014. The Telangana region was part of the Hyderabad state from 17th September 1948 to 1st November 1956, until it was merged with Andhra State to form Andhra Pradesh.
- Now India has 28 States after Jammu and Kashmir is declared as Union Territory.