Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of several projects worth about Rs 5000 crore in sectors like roads, rail, aviation, health and higher education in Jodhpur, Rajasthan on October 5, 2023, and dedicated them to the nation.
Main projects launched by Prime Minister:
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of important projects to strengthen the health infrastructure in Rajasthan.
- 350 bedded 'Trauma Center and Critical Care Hospital Block' in Jodhpur
- This includes a 350-bed 'Trauma Center and Critical Care Hospital Block' at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur and seven Critical Care Blocks to be developed under the Prime Minister-Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM) across Rajasthan.
- The Integrated Center for 'Trauma, Emergency and Critical Care' at AIIMS Jodhpur will be developed at a cost of over Rs 350 crore.
- It will include various facilities like triage, diagnostics, daycare, wards, private rooms, modular operating theaters, ICU and dialysis rooms.
- It will bring a holistic approach in the management of trauma and emergency cases by providing multidisciplinary and comprehensive care to the patients.
State-of-the-art new terminal building at Jodhpur Airport:
- The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for the development of a state-of-the-art new terminal building at Jodhpur Airport.
- The new terminal building, to be constructed at a total cost of Rs 480 crore, will be developed over an area of approximately 24,000 square meters and will be equipped to serve 2,500 passengers during peak hours.
- It will cater to 35 lakh passengers annually as well as improve connectivity and will boost tourism in the region.
IIT Jodhpur Campus:
- The Prime Minister dedicated the IIT Jodhpur campus to the nation. The state-of-the-art complex has been built at a cost of more than Rs 1135 crore.
- This is a step towards providing high quality holistic education and creating infrastructure to support cutting-edge research and innovation initiatives.
- To upgrade the infrastructure at the Central University of Rajasthan, the Prime Minister dedicated to the nation the 'Central Equipment Laboratory', Staff Quarters and 'Yoga and Sports Science Building'.
Central University of Rajasthan:
- He will lay the foundation stone of the Central Library, hostel with capacity of 600 students and dining hall facility for students at the Central University of Rajasthan.
- Also dedicated to the nation the work of upgrading the infrastructure of the Central University of Rajasthan.
Improving road infrastructure:
- In a move to improve road infrastructure in Rajasthan, the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for several road development projects including four-laning of Karwar to Dangiyawas section of Jodhpur Ring Road on NH-125A;
- Construction of seven bypasses of major urban parts of Balotra to Sanderao section via Jalore (NH-325); Laid the foundation stone of various projects including the project of four-laning of Pachpadra-Bagundi section of NH-25.
- These road projects will be built at a cumulative cost of approximately Rs 1475 crore.
Launch of Runicha Express and new heritage train:
- The Prime Minister flagged off two new train services in Rajasthan - Runicha Express connecting Jaisalmer to Delhi and a New Heritage Train connecting Marwar Junction to Khambli Ghat.
- Dedicated two other rail projects including doubling of 145 km long Degana-Rai Ka Bagh and 58 km long Degana-Kuchaman City rail lines.
- This year, a budget of about Rs 9500 crore has been allocated for Railways in Rajasthan, which is 14 times more than the average budget of previous governments.
- From independence till 2014, only approximately 600 kilometers of railway lines were electrified in Rajasthan, but the present government has electrified more than 3700 kilometers of lines in the last 9 years.
- More than 80 railway stations in Rajasthan are being redeveloped under the Amrit Bharat Station Scheme.