The Maharashtra government has approved two significant welfare schemes, Lek Ladki Yojana & Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana, aimed at benefiting citizens.
- These schemes are designed to support families with annual incomes up to Rs one lakh and farmers across the state, and are set to make a substantial impact.
- The government has shown full support for both initiatives, which were set to be implemented from April 1, 2023.
- These programs reflect the government's commitment to improving the lives of its citizens by promoting education and financial stability.
Lek Ladki Yojana
The Lek Ladki Yojana, also known as the Dear Daughter scheme, is one of the significant initiatives of the government.
The program provides financial aid to families with girl children, aiming to ease the financial burden on them and prevent the dropouts of girl children from schools.
- The Lek Ladki Yojana is an initiative designed to prevent girls from dropping out of school due to financial constraints in their families.
- It offers financial support at various stages of their education, empowering girl children and enhancing their opportunities.
- Under this scheme, the government provides financial assistance at different milestones in a girl's life.
- A sum of Rs 5,000 is given at the time of the girl child's birth, followed by Rs 6,000 when she is admitted to school, Rs 7,000 when she reaches class 7, and Rs 8,000 when she gets admission to college.
- Upon turning 18 years old, the girl will receive a significant sum of Rs 75,000. In total, each girl child will receive Rs 1.01 lakh, contributing to her future aspirations and endeavors.
- According to the cabinet decision, if a family welcomes one or two girls or one boy and one girl after April 1, 2023, the girl child will be eligible for the Lek Ladki scheme.
- In the case of twin girls born during a second delivery, both children will qualify for the program. However, parents of these children must undergo a family planning operation as part of the eligibility criteria.
- To ensure an uninterrupted educational journey for the girl beneficiaries, the scheme transfers the money directly to their bank accounts in installments.
Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana
- The Maharashtra government has approved the disbursement of Rs 1,720 crore as the first installment of funds under the Namo Shetkari Mahasanman Nidhi Yojana.
- This scheme aims to provide financial relief to the state's farming community. Around 90 lakh farmers will benefit from this program, receiving an annual payment of Rs 6,000.
- The funds was available from April 2023 to July 2023 and disbursed directly to the farmers' accounts through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- This initiative is expected to provide much-needed financial support to the agricultural community in Maharashtra.