Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao scheme on 22 August by distributing contract letters to the youth in Bhopal.
The scheme has facilitated on-the-job training on the lines of learn and earn along with skill development.
About Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao scheme
- In the 'Mukhya Mantri Sikho-Kamao' scheme, started for skill development of the youth in the state as well as "on-the-job training" on the lines of Learn and Earn, the native youth of Madhya Pradesh in the age group of 18 to 29 years, who have passed 12th / ITI or higher educational qualification will be given industry oriented training.
- Under the scheme, the selected youth will be given training according to the requirements of the industries and also get an 8 to 10 thousand rupees stipend.
- The target is to train one lakh youth in employment-oriented skills in the first phase of the 'Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao' scheme.
- Through this scheme, the youth force of the state, industry and the government's Triveni are coming together.
- The doors of employment will open for the youth force.
- Industries will start getting skilled workers.
- The state will get a fast pace of progress.
- Along with the training, they will also get a monthly stipend so that they can bear their expenses during the training.
- 12th pass Rs. 8000,
- ITI Passed Rs. 8500,
- Diploma passed Rs. 9000
- Graduation pass or higher educational qualification Rs. 10000
- Benefits to the candidates
- Industry-oriented training.
- Training through the latest technology and latest process.
- Stipend during vocational training.
- State Council for Vocational Training (SCVT) certification by Madhya Pradesh State Skill Development and Employment Generation Board (MPSC DEGB).
- Maximum Rs. per month on a student-candidate. 9,000/- will be saved.
- Through this scheme, industries will get an opportunity to upgrade the skills of the youth as per their requirement.
- During the training, the training provider establishments will be able to test the students and after training, they will be able to give jobs to these students in their institute.
- Thus the industries will be helped to get skilled and experienced manpower.
- It would cost industries less to train employees, as the students would already have some skills and experience.