Former Indian spin bowler Bishan Singh Bedi passed away at the age of 77. He was ill for a long time. Bishan Singh, who surprised the batsmen with his spin balls in the 1970s, captained the Indian team in a total of 22 international matches.
- Bishan Singh's international career lasted for 12 years and he led India to memorable victories in many matches on the basis of his bowling.
International Career of Bishan Singh:
- Bishan Singh started his international career in 1967 and played his last match in 1979.
- India's legendary spinner took a total of 266 wickets during his Test career.
- Bishan Singh also played a total of 10 ODI matches for India, in which he took 7 wickets.
- Bishan Singh, along with Prasanna, Chandrashekhar and Raghavan, took a lot of wickets with his spin balls in the 1970s.
Bishan Singh Started his Career against West Indies:
- Bishan Singh Bedi played the first match of his international career against West Indies. Bishan Singh took a total of 2 wickets in his debut match. Bishan Singh had troubled the big batsmen of the world a lot with his excellent spin bowling.
- Bishan Singh played the last match of his career against England in the year 1979.
Bishan Singh Bedi also played the role of coach:
- Bishan Singh Bedi also worked as a coach after retiring from international cricket.
- Bishan Singh prepared many young players for Team India, which also included big names like Murali Karthik.
Bishan Singh Bedi has been associated with the Indian team in many ways:
- Along with coaching, the former bowler also tried his hand at commentary.
- In the year 1990, Bishan Singh was also the manager of the Indian team that went on the tour of New Zealand and England.
- Along with this, Bishan Singh also served Indian cricket as a national selector.