With the Assembly elections coming up in five states - Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Telangana - the Election Commission of India (ECI) is making an all-out effort to maximize voter turnout with the help of its Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Mobile Apps.
- The ECI is using digital technology with the latest tools to bring more efficiency, widespread reach, and accountability.
Voter Helpline App
- The Voter Helpline App provides several services to citizens, such as applying for a voter ID card, applying online for corrections to a voter’s card, viewing details of the Polling booth, Assembly Constituency and Parliamentary constituency, and getting the contact details of Booth Level officer, Electoral Registration Officer among other services.
- The Saksham App is specifically designed for Persons with Disabilities. The app enables the PwD elector to make requests for marking them as PWD, correction of the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) details, and request for a wheelchair.
Know your Candidate (KYC) App
- To empower citizens, ECI has developed the Know your Candidate (KYC) app, which allows citizens to browse candidates with/without Criminal Antecedents.
Voter Turnout App
- The Voter Turnout App displays the estimated provisional voter turnout details of each Assembly Constituency which is recorded by Returning Officers.
- cVIGIL, which stands for Citizen Vigilance, is a mobile application developed by the Election Commission of India. It allows citizens to report election code violations directly via their smartphones.
- The application is user-friendly and widely accessible. It generates legally tenable and prosecutable information that can be used by administrators such as Chief Electoral Officers, District Election Officers, Returning Officers, flying squads and Police.
- The ICT application helps in the prompt disposal of Model Code and Expenditure violation cases.
- ERONET is an online application used for various electoral exercises, such as improving the health of the electoral roll, registering new voters, and updating records.
Apart from these electoral-centric apps, ECI also has apps related to the electoral process, such as Candidate App, Booth App, BLO App, and Observer App.
Check out the Assembly Elections details.