Chief Minister Nitish Kumar paid a heartfelt tribute on Sir Shiv Sagar Ramgulam's birth anniversary.
- Sir Shivsagar Ramgulam's statue is at the northern end of Patna's Exhibition Road and the southern three mouths of Gandhi Maidan.
About Sir Shivsagar Ram Gulam
Sir Shivsagar Ram Gulam, often called Chacha Ramgoolam or SSR, was a Mauritian physician, politician, and statesman.
- His father, Moheeth Ram Gulam, also known as Mohit Mahto, was an Indian immigrant labourer from the Bhojpur district of Bihar.
- He served as Mauritius's only Chief Minister, First Prime Minister, and fifth Governor-General. He is widely recognized as Mauritius's founding father.
- Ram Gulam became the leader of the Labour Party of Mauritius from 1956 to 1985.
- Sir Shivsagar Ram Gulam's son, Dr. Navinchandra Ramgoolam, was Mauritius's third and fifth Prime Minister.
- Mauritius, an island country in the Indian Ocean, is located off the eastern coast of Africa.
- Physiographically, it is part of the Mascarene Islands.
- The capital of Mauritius is Port Louis.