The 9th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2023 will be held at Faridabad, Haryana, from January 17th to January 20th, 2024. This event was organised by the Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Earth Sciences in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati under the visionary leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
9th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2023
- The 9th India International Science Festival (IISF) 2023 is India's biggest Science Fair.
- It will be conducted in Faridabad at the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) Campus and the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) of the Department of Biotechnology.
- Theme - 'Science and Technology Public Outreach in Amrit Kaal'.
- IISF 2023 will have 17 different subjects to exhibit scientific breakthroughs that will benefit both participants and the broader public.
India International Science Festival (IISF)
- The India International Science Festival (IISF) promotes creativity in science, technology, and innovation for the progress of a thriving India.
- The India International Science Festival (IISF) is an annual event that promotes public participation in science.
- The IISF is organised by the Government of India's Ministries of Science and Technology and Earth Science in collaboration with Vijnana Bharati.
- Festival Period- January or February.
History of IISF
- The journey of the IISF began in 2015 with its first inaugural event was held in New Delhi.
- Since 2015, the IISF has held eight editions in various geographical regions of India, growing into a huge scientific festival.
- The pandemic caused by Covid-19 in 2020 created a severe obstacle to the organisation of this yearly event, but the difficulty was surmounted by hosting the event on a virtual platform to ensure the voyage continued uninterrupted.
- The Department of Space and the Department of Atomic Energy joined the IISF in 2021.
IISF Implementing Departments
- The Ministry of Earth Science, or perhaps one of the departments of the Ministry of Science and Technology—namely, DBT, CSIR, and DST—is tasked with organising this massive yearly event.
- Several other ministries and departments involved in S&T have always helped in organising the event.
- Vijnana Bharati has been a persistent organising partner in the IISF's progressive movement.
Significance of India International Science Festival (IISF)
- The India International Science Festival (IISF) provides a forum for engagement among all stakeholders through a variety of events.
- The IISF is dedicated to fostering innovation in Science, Technology, and Innovation in order to develop a thriving India.
- The IISF seeks to inspire the general public as well as individuals with a wide range of interests, such as students, educators, scientists, researchers, industry experts, entrepreneurs, and scientific communicators.