Ships of the First Training Squadron (1TS) – INS Tir, INS Sujata, Sail Training Ship Sudarshini and CGS Sarathi are currently deployed for long range training in South East Asia.
This deployment of 1TS comes as part of the onboard training of the 105th Integrated Officer Training Course.
- During this training of 1TS, the ship will visit Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- The visit aims to strengthen India's commitment to maritime security and promote goodwill in the region.
- Various training activities, mutual professional contacts and joint maritime partnership exercises are planned to be conducted with the host navies and maritime forces during the visit.
- At present trainees from friendly countries – Bangladesh, Maldives, Mauritius and Vietnam have been sent to 1TS for training.
- Apart from this, Indian Army, Indian Air Force personnel and NCC cadets have also been deployed to enhance the jointness and their ability to work with one another.