- Jan 30, 2021
- Blog, Blog English, UPBEB Exams,
What is UPTET 2021?
Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) conducts the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) every year to recruit primary (Classes 1-5) and upper primary (Classes 6-8) level teachers in the government schools of Uttar Pradesh. It is a state-level examination that is conducted in two shifts for two papers – I and II. Paper-I is conducted for candidates who wish to become teachers of Classes 1-5 and paper-II is for candidates who wish to teach Classes 6-8. The candidates who want to teach Classes 1 to 8 must appear in both the papers.
The qualifying candidates receive their UPTET eligibility certificate after the declaration of the result. The UPTET eligibility certificate is valid for a period of five years.
What are the important dates for UPTET 2021?
There has been no announcement regarding the schedule of the UPTET 2021. However, the UPTET 2021 exam is likely to be held in February/March 2021.
|UPTET Notification 2021 Release date||To be announced soon|
|UPTET application form start date||To be announced soon|
|Last date of apply online||Second week of January 2021|
|Last date to submit application fee||To be announced soon|
|Last date of the application print||To be announced soon|
|UPTET Admit Card download date||To be announced soon|
|UPTET Exam Date 2021||February 28, 2021|
How to apply for UPTET 2021?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for the UPTET 2021:
- Visit UPBEB official website of the conducting authority.
- Check the UPTET 2021 exam notification and click on the “आवेदन करें” button.
- Before proceeding, read instruction and eligibility.
- Enter your basic details to register in the application form.
- Verify your details and click “Submit”.
- After registration candidates are required to upload their scanned photo & signature.
- Then, pay the application fee via the payment method of your choice.
|Category||Application Fee for One Paper||Application Fee for Two Papers|
|General/Other Backward Class (OBC)||INR 600||INR 1,200|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||INR 400||INR 800|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||INR 100||INR 200|
- Print the application form for future references.
What is the eligibility criterion for UPTET 2021?
The candidates must fulfill the parameters given below to be eligible for UPTET:
1. Age Limit
- The candidates applying for UPTET must be a minimum of 18 years of age. There is no maximum age limit for UPTET 2021.
2. Educational Qualification
Paper I (Class 1st-5th)
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education OR
- Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR
- Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2 years Diploma in Education (Special Education)* OR
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2 years Diploma in Elementary Education OR
- Graduation + B.Ed final year appearing & passed aspirants can apply
Paper II (Class 6th-8th)
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2 Years Diploma in Elementary Education OR
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) OR
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE OR
- Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4 years B.El.Ed OR
- Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4 years B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1 year B.Ed
What is the Exam Pattern for UPTET 2021?
The complete paper pattern for UPTET 2021 has been described below:
1. Primary Level (Paper-I)
|Subject||Number of question||Marks|
|Child development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – 1||30||30|
|Language – 2||30||30|
2. Upper Primary Level (Paper-II)
|Subjects||Number of Question||Marks|
|Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|Science & Mathematics OR Social Science||60||60|
|Language – 1||30||30|
|Language – 2||30||30|
- Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be conducted in offline mode.
- Paper 1 includes 5 subjects/sections and Paper 2 includes 4 subjects/sections.
- Duration of both the papers is 2.5 hrs (or 150 minutes)
- Objective type multiple choice questions are asked in both the papers.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no provision of negative marking.
- There are 150 questions in both the papers.
What is the Syllabus for UPTET 2021?
The complete syllabus for UPTET 2021 has been described below:
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- The concept of development and its relationship with learning
- The concept of Inclusive education
- Understanding children with special needs, Learning, and Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies
- Family and Friends
- Food & Shelter
- Water & Travel
- Things We Make and Do
- EVS Pedagogy & UP Related Question
- Social Studies
- Economics & Static GK
- Social & Political life
- Social Studies Pedagogy
- UP Related Question
- Food & Materials
- How things work
- Moving Things People and Ideas
- Natural Phenomena & Resources
- The World of the Living
- Pedagogy of Science
- Algebra & Mensuration
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Questions
- Number System & Simplification
- Percentage & Ratio
- Profit & Loss
- Time, Work, Speed & Distance
- Pedagogy of Mathematics
- Language Knowledge
- Unseen Passage
- Grammar and Language Pedagogy
What is the Selection Process for UPTET 2021?
The selection process of UPTET involves:
Written exam: UPTET exam consists of two written papers. Paper-I needs to be given by aspirants who plan to teach classes I-V. Paper-II needs to be given by candidates who plan to teach classes VI-VIII. Candidates who plan to teach classes I-VIII need to appear for both papers.
Result: The result is announced by the exam conducting authority on the official website of the exam. Candidates scoring minimum of 60 percent marks in the written test are declared UPTET qualified.
Eligibility Certificate Candidates qualifying for the written test are issued an eligibility certificate by the exam authority. Candidates having the certificate are eligible to apply for teaching jobs in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. The validity of the UPTET eligibility certificate is five years.