- Apr 20, 2021
- Bank Exam, Blog, Blog English,
IBPS exam is one of the most popular exams in India for the post of Probationary Officers. Every year, lakhs of students appear in this exam. It has been conducted yearly for the last ten years by the Institute of Banking Personnel. Several PO vacancies are released for leading banks across the country.
This exam is conducted to recruit young graduates in public sector banks of India. The exam consists of three phases, which involve prelims, mains, and interviews. The final selection will be based on marks obtained in the mains & interview round.
The Probationary Officer recruited under IBPS PO recruitment has to deal with customer services, customer complaints, supervising the clerical work, loan process, and more designated at various branches across the country.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO Recruitment 2021?
Only the candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can appear in the IBPS PO exam. Therefore, the candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. The complete eligibility criteria are given below:
A candidate applying for the IBPS PO exam must be either –
(i) an Indian citizen or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
(iii) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 to permanently settle in India or
(iv) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from any of the following countries to permanently settle in India.
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries – Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Ethiopia, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, and Vietnam.
Minimum Age – 20 Years
Maximum Age – 30 Years
Candidates appearing for IBPS PO may seek age relaxation based on the following –
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|People who ordinarily domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|People affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of the assignment||5 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
- Candidates who request relaxation in age limit to pass the eligibility will have to produce relevant certificates in original and Xerox when called for Interview or at any stage of recruitment as required by IBPS.
- The candidate applying for IBPS PO must possess a graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognised university. He/she must have any equivalent qualification recognised by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2021.
- The candidate applying for IBPS PO must possess a valid mark sheet, or a degree certificate must be present with the student certifying that he/she is a graduate as on the day prescribed by IBPS. The date mentioned on the mark sheet/provisional certificate issued by the University will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination.
The final result of the candidates should have been declared on or before 26/08/2021. Students will have to submit relevant documents, certifying the declaration of result on or before 26/08/2021 at the time of the Interview.
What is the selection process for IBPS PO?
The IBPS PO Selection process consists of three stages as given below:
Stage 1: The Preliminary exam is of qualifying in nature which means the marks won’t be counted for the final selection. However, Candidates need to secure sectional as well as overall cut off to be shortlisted for the next stage.
Stage 2: Mains is the second phase of selection. Candidates who qualify Mains exam will then be called for an Interview. Marks obtained in the mains exam will be counted in the final selection.
Stage 3: Interview is the last round of selection in IBPS PO. Candidates obtaining qualifying marks in the Interview will be recruited as Probationary Officers in participating banks.
The IBPS Exam can be very challenging for the students. In order to perform well in the exam, the candidates can opt for an IBPS PO Online Coaching. It can help the students with quality study material and help them to study from the comfort and safety of their home.