- Jan 22, 2021
- Blog, Blog English, UP Police Exams,
Joining the police force in the position of a Sub- Inspector is a childhood dream of many. A job in the Police Department is considered to be very prestigious in Uttar Pradesh because of the lucrative salary package and social status that it comes with. This makes it a very popular examination in the state, thereby contributing to its difficulty level as well as competition. Lakhs of candidates appear in this examination to try their luck and get this sought-after job.
Looking at the competition level of the exam, it is crucial that the students start preparing as early as possible. Doing so will help the students lay a strong base for their knowledge and score well in the exam. Knowing the syllabus and paper pattern well before the exam can help the students in drafting the study-plan in the most optimum manner to get success in the exam.
In this article, we will give you complete information regarding the UP SI 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector 2021 Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. Questions||Marks||Total Time|
|General Hindi||40||100||120 Minutes (2 Hours)|
|Basic Law/ Constitution/|
|Numerical & Mental Ability Test||40||100|
|Mental Aptitude Test/|
Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning
- The examination will be conducted in both languages –Hindi and English (except for General Hindi Paper).
- The questions will be of Multiple Choice type.
- The candidates will get a total of 2 hours or 120 minutes to attempt the paper.
- There will be a total of 160 questions in the paper.
- The paper will be of a total of 400 marks.
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks.
- There are four sections in the examination; each section will have 40 questions and will carry 100 marks.
- The sections will be General Hindi, Basic Law/ Constitution/General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, and Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning.
- There will be no negative marking applicable in this examination.
- The candidates must score at least 35 marks to qualify in each subject.
Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector 2021 Syllabus
- Idioms Phrases
- Letter Writing
- One Word Substitutions
- Questions & Answer from the Passage
- Sentence Correction
- Title of the Passage
- Use of Words
- Word Knowledge
- Decimal & Fraction
- HCF LCM
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Time & Work
- Use of Table & Graph
Mental Ability Test
- Common Sense Test
- Determining implied meanings
- Direction sense Test
- Forcefulness of argument
- Letter and number coding
- Letter and number series
- Logical Diagrams
- Logical interpretation of data
- Perception Test
- Symbol-Relationship Interpretation
- Word and alphabet Analogy
- Word formation Test
- Ability of Adaptability
- Basic Law
- Communal Harmony
- Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order
- Crime Control
- Gender sensitivity
- Interest in Profession
- Law & Order
- Mental Toughness
- Police System
- Professional Information (Basic level)
- Public Interest
- Rule of Law
- Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged
- Arranging in order
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense Test
- Mathematical ability Test
- Problems based on the alphabet
- Relationship and Analogy Test
- Series Completion
- Spotting out the dissimilar
- Time sequence test
- Venn Diagram and chart type test
- Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships
- Analysis and Judgment
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions
- Arithmetical number series
- Space visualization
- Verbal and figure classification
- Visual memory